Stay and Play at Ski Town Condos, Monarch and Salida Lodging Choice!
Monarch Mountain Hosts Safety Month EventsJanuary is the National Ski Area Association's National Safety Month
MONARCH – Skiers
and Riders at Monarch Mountain can win prizes for participating in a
scavenger hunt and then reciting a line of the National Ski Area
Association (NSAA) Skier Responsibility Code on Jan. 24 and 25. Safety
Sam will also be on the mountain, to cheer on safety!
staff will hide ribbons around the mountain. The first 16 skiers and
riders to find a ribbon can present it at the Season Pass Desk, recite a
line of the responsibility code, and receive a prize.
The Skier Responsibility Code is published by the NSAA, and includes the following seven points:
The event is free for ski area guests and open to the public.
- Always stay in control, and be able to stop or avoid other people or objects.
- People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
- You must not stop where you obstruct a trail, or are not visible from above.
- Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail, look uphill and yield to others.
- Always use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
- Observe all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
- Prior to using any lift, you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely.
Gigi Griefenberg, Owner Ski Town Condos Vacation Rentals, your Monarch and Salida Colorado Lodging Choice - call today to make your reservation at 719-539-7928 or visit www.SkiTownCondos.com